Important information about the open enrollment period!
What is open enrollment?
Open enrollment is an annual period of time where individuals or families can enroll in a health insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace (HealthCare.gov).
How long is open enrollment? When does it start?
Open enrollment runs from Nov. 1 – Dec. 15. During this time individuals or families can enroll in a health insurance plan. You may not enroll on a plan after the deadline without a qualifying event or circumstance (losing other health insurance, getting married, having a baby…).
Who is eligible?
- Anyone who is not eligible for OHP and your employer does not offer health insurance
- Any immigrant with CAWEM coverage without access to total benefits under OHP due to residency guidelines.
Who is not eligible?
- If you or a family member are offered health insurance from your employer
- If you are eligible for Oregon Health Plan (OHP) or Medicare benefits
- If you do not have proof of legal status (If you do not have proof of legal status, there are still options for you, call to speak to an enrollment specialist)
How can I enroll in health insurance during open enrollment?
Mosaic enrollment specialists can assist with this process by phone. COMPLETELY FREE.
I don’t have the financial resources to buy health insurance, what are my options?
Enrollment specialists can refer you to financial assistance programs to ensure that everyone has access to medical services. If you fear going to the doctor for financial reasons or immigration status, call to find out your options.
Are the Open Enrollment Period and OHP the same?
No. The Open Enrollment Period is an annual event where those who are ineligible for OHP can purchase individual plans through the Health Insurance Marketplace. The Oregon Health Plan (OHP) is the State of Oregon Medicaid program. It is available all year round. Any minor is eligible for OHP regardless of legal status.
Remember, Open Enrollment closes December 15, 2020! If you have additional questions or would like to review your options call 541-647-2717.
We would be happy to speak with you!